Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shoe


Not the best photo, but its cool... After turning this one in, and looking at it from a distance, I felt like I could have spent some more time on the background, adding in some darker color. I am really happy with the shoe, but the ball of yarn sort of became a black hole in the middle.. My excuse is that it was a experiment in shading and not so much in composition.

I drew this with willow charcoal, about 2 or 3 hours of work.

Let me know what you guys think!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! You really did a good job on the sneaker.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jas, You absolutely blow me away with your skill! I can't believe it took only 3 hours! You are fabulous:) Keep up the awesome work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice drawing of a sneaker! We drew a shoe as our first project in an art class I took. I tried to be the little over achiever and drew a pair of cowboy boots - they were beyond awful! The class final was to draw another shoe to see how much we learned. I drew a gardening clog with oak leaves and acorns and got an A. I'm sure you have an easy A coming.

    ReplyDelete