Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First Still Life Project


This is the first still life I did out of class. I was pretty happy about the lighter and the apple, and personally I loved the darkness of the background, but my teacher disagreed... Over all it was a fun one to do, I really wish I would have spent some time adding some detail to the box that all the stuff is sitting on, because it is a little hard to distiguish it is a cardboard box. Oh well, once again I'm sorry about the quality of the photo! Thanks for looking!

I did this using willow charcoal, and spent way too much time on it... I must have redrawn everything three times.


4 comments:

  1. Just love the journal. I feel like I need to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an excellent sketch! It is like you can touch it!!!
    You have your Mom's artistic eye!!!!
    Cheers,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your still life is awesome. I agree with you. I like the dark background and light apple - and hooray for you for not doing the expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Journal is my favorite part, really a lot of detail and texture to it.
    Not that the rest isn't well done too, just something about the book, evokes emotion.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete